Achieva Housing Tenancy offers resources to locate and maintain cost-effective, accessible housing.
Achieva Housing Tenancy service provides assistance to people with disabilities locating, obtaining, and sustaining appropriate housing options so they can live in their own homes, whether rented, leased, or owned. Housing that is stable, affordable, and meets one’s needs improves healthy outcomes and quality of life.
Successful tenants benefit from support services that remove the barriers to locating suitable housing.
Achieva Housing Tenancy can help:
- Individualized housing support plans identify barriers and establish goals
- Housing search resources assist in identifying appropriate and sustainable housing
- Housing application assistance aids with housing vouchers and applications
- Financial resources are identified to cover expenses such as security deposits, moving costs, furniture, adaptive aids, modifications, and one-time expenses
- Moving support assists with the details of the move
- Relationship building to develop community integration and meet potential housemates
- Assistive technology and home accessibility are addressed to ensure health and well-being
- Education and training for being a good tenant and developing relationships with the landlord and neighbors